Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Fogcutters - "Cry, Cry, Cry!" (1965)





























The Fogcutters were from Denver. They sounded kinda like The Beau Brummels would've sounded if they hasn't rehearsed much. They never made the national charts, but this record DID get heard by a national audience -- it was used in an episode of THE FUGITIVE TV series. IIRC, it was heard over a transistor radio as some teenage punks harass Dr. Richard Kimble, an innocent victim of blind justice. I can't say for sure why this record was used, presumably because it was released on the Liberty label, which was owned by United Artists -- producers of THE FUGITIVE.

This is a very simple, almost primitve record that has nevertheless stayed with me since I first heard it 15 years ago. It's crying out for a remake -- perhaps Yo La Tengo is looking for material?

1 comment:

  1. This is one amazing song, I must say. I am desperate to get a hold of this song, so I have to request that you will fix the broken link above.

    Thanks for sharing, man. This stuff is worth more than gold.

    ReplyDelete